Home Subjects States Librarians FAQs About Us Publications Contact Us
Welcome & Contents
Welcome & Contents | General Information | Assistive Technology for Patrons Who Are Blind or Have Other Disabilities | Serving Deaf Patrons | Listservs and E-Zines | Professional Associations | Special Libraries | Public and Academic Libraries | Print Publications
- Disability Resources believes that libraries can play a vital role in connecting people with disabilities with information that can help them lead productive, independent lives. In fact, we started this section of our web site because the the editor of Disability Resources Monthly (DRM) is a librarian, and because so many of the organizations that subscribe to DRM are libraries. Look on these pages for information that can help you make your library more accessible and inviting to patrons with disabilities.
- General Information
- General online resources about library services for people with disabilities. Includes websites; policies, standards and guidelines; articles, speeches and other documents; Department of Justice correspondence relating to libraries and the Americans with Disabilities Act; and more. The best place to start!
- Listservs and E-Zines
- Internet discussion groups and online periodicals that deal with library services for people with disabilities.
- Professional Associations
- Divisions of international, national and regional library associations that deal with the library services for patrons with disabilities.
- Assistive Technology for Patrons Who Are Blind or Have Other Disabilities
- Online resources which contain significant information to help libraries make their services, particularly electronic services, more accessible to people with disabilities.
- Serving Deaf Patrons
- Sites that can help libraries provide services to people who are Deaf or hard of hearing.
- Special Libraries
- Links to the home pages of libraries that have extensive collections for or about people with disabilities.
- Public and Academic Libraries
- Links to help librarians share information about their resources, services, policies and procedures regarding access issues. (Add your library’s link!)
- Print Publications
- Books and other materials about library services for people with disabilities which have been covered in Disability Resources Monthly and other sources.
~ A Message to Librarians ~ Librarians’ Connections is only small part of The DRM Guide to Disability Resources on the Internet, and of Disability Resources‘ entire scope of services for libraries and other organizations serving people with disabilities. The DRM WebWatcher will guide you to thousands of the best disability resources on the Internet, conveniently arranged by subject or disability. The DRM Regional Resource Directory will help you locate disability organizations and agencies in your own state. Our monthly newsletter and other publications will keep you informed about books and other materials for your collections. Our professional staff can provide customized services, such as workshops, collection development, and bibliographies. Please contact us for more information.
- This Month in DRM