Home Subjects States Librarians FAQs About Us Publications Contact Us
The DRM WebWatcher (Subjects)
Allergy and Asthma
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | XYZ | Complete Index | About/Hint/Link
- According to the Disability Statistics Center, “of the US population under 18 years of age, 6.1 percent have disabilities” and “the most common disabling condition is asthma, which affects 987,000 children.” Here are some useful resources for children and adults with asthma or other allergies.
- Allergy and Asthma Network (Mothers of Asthmatics, Inc.)
- A nonprofit organization that offers support for families. the Network’s web site includes basic information about asthma, frequently asked questions, research highlights, clinical trials, and membership opportunities.
- Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Online
- The web site of the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, a professional association of medical specialists who treat allergies and asthma, this site offers information for patients (including several fact sheets in English and Spanish), physicians, employers and the news media, as well as an “allergist locator.”
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI)
- In addition to information for health care practitioners, this professional association offers online resources for adults, including a physician referral directory, fact sheets, educational materials, news, and information for kids.
- American Lung Association
- Geared for the public, the Association’s web site offers a wide variety of informational materials about asthma, lung diseases, and environmental issues.
- Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA)
- A project of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, the World Health Organization, and the National Institutes on Health, this site includes GINA guidelines for asthma management for professionals and patients.
- National Heart, Blood, and Lung Institute – Lung Information
- Practical information for patients and professionals.
- JAMA Asthma Information Center
- These peer-reviewed resources from the Journal of the American Medical Association include news stories, current literature, treatment information, clinical guidelines and resources, resources for patients and professionals, and top Internet sites.
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAD)
- Part of the National Institutes of Health, NIAD’s web site includes research news, information about allergy and a wide variety of infectious diseases, clinical trials, grant information, links, and related topics.
- Related Subjects
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Disorder
- Resources in your state