Home Subjects States Librarians FAQs About Us Publications Contact Us
The DRM WebWatcher (Subjects)
Fragile X Syndrome
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | XYZ | Complete Index | About/Hint/Link
- Although fragile X syndrome is the most common inherited cause of mental retardation, it is relatively unknown and often misdiagnosed. Check these sites for more information.
- Carolina Fragile X Project
- Based at the Frank Porter Graham Child Development Center, this site includes information about the syndrome, including research studies, family and child experiences, behavior issues, intervention strategies, and services.
- Facts about Fragile X Syndrome
- A very good overview from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
- Fragile X Syndrome
- This report from The Arc (in pdf format only) discusses the genetic aspects of fragile X syndrome.
- FRAXA Research Foundation
- FRAXA is a nonprofit organization run by parents and medical professionals to fund medical research aimed at finding a specific treatment for fragile X. Its web site provides extensive information about the syndrome, research news and grant opportunities, and information about the organization and its chapters.
- National Fragile X Foundation
- Geared primarily for parents and prospective parents, this nonprofit’s site features information about Fragile X syndrome, family issues, testing, education, therapy, medication, resources and links. A short on-line video is included.
- Related Subjects
- Mental Retardation
- Rare Disorders
- Resources in your state
- Rare Disorders
(c) 1997-2013 Disability Resources, inc.