Home » Disabling Conditions
- A form of leukodystrophy, Krabbes disease is a rare genetic disorder of the central and peripheral nervous systems. This condition has become more widely known since football hero Jim Kelly had a child with Drabbes disease. Here are some resources for information and help.
- Krabbe Disease
- Technical information from Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM).
- Krabbes Disease Homepage (CJ’s site)
- This web site of the parents of a child with Krabbes disease includes information about Krabbe’s disease (including downloadable documents), support and suggestions for other parents, family information and photos, and links.
- Krabbe’s Family Network
- Although the owner/author of this nicely designed web site is anonymous, which is often a cause for concern, it seemed to meet its stated goal of creating “a free, accessible support network and resource guide for any parent or family in need of information or assistance while dealing with Krabbe Leukodystrophy.” The pages include information about Krabbe disease, a message board, family stories, links, and tips.
- Related subjects:
- Rare Disorders
- Resources in your state