Home » Disabling Conditions
- The Nail Patella Syndrome (also known as hereditary onycho-osteodysplasia, or HOOD) is a rare, inherited disorder that can cause nail and skeletal defects, small or absent kneecaps, “iliac horns” at the rear of the pelvis, renal disease, and other conditions.
- Nail-Patella Syndrome; NPS
- A clinical and genetic overview from the Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database.
- Nail Patella Syndrome Worldwide
- Born from an online community, this newly founded nonprofit organization promotes awareness of NPS among professionals as well as the public. Its website includes frequently asked questions as well as information about the organization.
- Related Subjects
- Rare Disorders
- Resources in your state