Home Subjects States Librarians FAQs About Us Publications Contact Us
The FAQ Page
Frequently Asked Questions About Disabilities on the Internet
FAQ Home Page | FAQs | Finding Disability Information | Evaluating Disability Information | Ascertaining an Organization’s Legitimacy | Back to Basics | Alphabet Soup
- The Disability Resources Monthly “Readers Ask” column responds to common (and not-so-common) queries every month. The sources we recommend may be books, government documents, pamphlets, organizations, or web sites like the ones you can link from below.
- Help! I was recently disabled. Where can I turn for help?
- Are there any organizations that give scholarships to students with disabilities?
- How can I find other parents whose children have the same disability as my child?
- Where can I download software to facilitate one-handed typing?
- Where can I find a copy of “Welcome to Holland” [an inspiring essay about raising a child with a disability]?
- Where can I get information about personal care assistants?
- Can Disability Resources help me with an individual or personal problem?
- Where can I financial assistance?
- Where can I find information about specific disorders?
- How can I find information about very rare disorders that are not included in The DRM WebWatcher or similar sources?
- IEP? ADA? IDEA? CP? MCS? OT? All these disability acronyms have me so confused! Is there a quick list of disability related acronyms?
- Where can I get information about the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) amendments?
- Are there any sites that review assistive technology?
- Where can I find out about current conferences and meetings relating to people with disabilities?
- Are there any good resources for caregivers on the Internet?
- What kinds of listservs are available for people with disabilities?
- Where can I get information on inexpensive pamphlets and other resources for our disability resource center?
- Where can I get information about sports for people with disabilities?
- I’m interested in traveling with a friend who uses a wheelchair; what sites can be helpful in our planning?
- Where can I find help in my own community?
- Where can I find out about designing web sites which are accessible to people with disabilities?
- Where can I get disability-related statistics?
- I am concerned about the impact of changes in managed care and Supplemental Security Income on my child; are there any sites that deal with these issues?