- Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) is a retinal disorder that prevents the eye from developing properly and can lead to permanent damage and blindness. For information about ROP, see these sites.
- Prevent Blindness in Premature Babies
- This web site of “a volunteer group formed to provide support and information to individuals and to parents of children who have Retinopathy Of Prematurity” focuses primarily on a controversial theory by Peter Aleff, a research engineer and the father of a child who has ROP, who believes that fluorescent lighting is the cause of ROP. The site includes general information, supporting research, “How to Protect Your Premature Baby from Harm from Unnecessary Fluorescent Lighting,” opposing viewpoints, and related resources.
- Retinopathy of Prematurity/Retrolental Fibroplasia: Information and a Personal Experience
- A good personal home page by Sarah Blake, with an excellent set of annotated links to other ROP and related sites.
- Related Subjects
- Blindness and Visual Impairments
- Resources in your state
(c) 1997-2013 Disability Resources, inc.