Home » Disabling Conditions
- Schizophrenia is a chronic, complex and disabling mental illness that is said to affect approximately one percent of the population during their lives. Check these sites for more information.
- This page from Internet Mental Health includes definitions, diagnostic information, treatment resources, research, stories of recovery, booklets, magazine articles, medication information and booklets, and other web pages.
- Schizophrenia: Real Lives Ravaged by Imaginary Terror
- An article on from the Food and Drug Administration’s FDA Consumer magazine on the drugs used to treat schizophrenia.
- Developed in memory of the author’s brother, this site is packed with interactive opportunities, information, links and and research capabilities. It brings together more than a dozen chat rooms, online support groups and discussion areas; information for people with schizophrenia, family and friends, researchers and professionals, and students; and a search engine that searches the “100 top psychiatry, meds & support sites.”
- Related subjects:
- Mental Illness