Home Subjects States Librarians FAQs About Us Publications Contact Us
- Keep up to date with all the latest disability resources – online and off. Here’s a quick guide to Disability Resources’ publications and services. Click the titles for more information.
- DISABILITY RESOURCES MONTHLY (SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
- The Newsletter That Monitors, Reviews and Reports on Resources for Independent Living
- Looking for books or other resources about travel, sports, the A.D.A., education, inclusion, assistive technology…? Our award-winning newsletter features topical articles, reviews, and news about free, inexpensive, and hard-to-find books, pamphlets, videotapes, online sources, and organizations. The perfect tool for libraries, independent living centers, health, social service and education professionals, and interested individuals. No advertising.
- The DRM Spinal Center
- This special 4-page guide to books, videotapes and other resources about spinal cord injury and dysfunction (SCI/D) was included in every issue of Disability Resources Monthly (DRM) from August 1998 through July 1999. Each issue focused on a different aspect of living with SCI/D. The DRM Spinal Center was distributed free of charge to all DRM subscribers, and to two thousand public libraries throughout the United States, through a grant from the Paralyzed Veterans of America Spinal Cord Injury Education and Training Foundation. Back issues are available.
- Inclusion & Parent Advocacy: A Resource Guide (OUT OF PRINT)
- An extensive, annotated resource guide designed to help librarians, educators, parents, and other service providers identify publications and audiovisual materials that will help them understand, plan, and implement inclusive programs.
- Disability Information at Your Fingertips – NEW THIRD EDITION
- Our popular subject guide to the toll-free telephone numbers and world wide web addresses of over 500 national nonprofit organizations and government agencies.
- Living Well with a Disability: How Libraries Can Help
- The role libraries can and should play in meeting the informational needs of people with disabilities (article).
- An Enabling Collection for People with Disabilities
- Annotated guide to books on independent living for public libraries (article).
- Toy Story – How to Select and Buy Adaptive Toys
- Includes a guide to publications and product catalogs (article).
(c) 1997-2013 Disability Resources, inc.